After years of working with countless streamers, Stream Skins has compiled the top 100 Twitch tips for improving your Stream and content creation.
From twitch tips to improve the quality of the stream to information to increase the number of viewers and engagement helping you to maintain a successful stream.
Twitch Tips to improve the quality of your stream
- Audio is one of the main factors of your stream so make sure it’s at an excellent volume and without noise.
- To add noise suppression in OBS select your microphone (Audio Input) and add a new filter “noise suppression”. See how to configure OBS.
- Keep the mic close to your mouth and turn the volume down, this way you’ll pick up more of your audio and less of your surroundings like keyboards and noises.
- A filter for your microphone can be an inexpensive option to improve audio and remove breath from the stream.
- Put a limiter on your microphone in OBS so that even if you scream it doesn’t exceed a certain volume.
- To test the quality of your stream, create a secondary Twitch account and watch it on another device.
- Make sure the environment is well-lit for your webcam to have the best possible quality.
- Create content for other social networks to attract audience to your twitch stream.
- Use Twitch Strike to find games that are not saturated and have the ability to create content for your stream.
- Creating content mainly for YouTube will make your viewers have something more than just your stream and get used to your presence better
- Consistency is key. Stream on a regular schedule. If necessary post on Twitter and tell your viewers to know when you are live.
- Use overlays to add visual interest to your stream, we recommend stream skins overlays with all the essentials to set your stream apart from the crowd.
- Always try to bring new games and entertainment to your stream, your viewers like rich and fun content.
- Don’t forget to use Twitch’s built-in notifications to alert your followers when you’re streaming.
- A second monitor or cell phone can help a lot in monitoring chat and stream quality.
- Set up a Chat Bot so it can automatically do tasks for you like moderating the chat and helping with stream control.
- Experiment with different games and genres to find what works best for you.
- Use Twitch’s panels to display important information about your stream. Here are examples of good Twitch Panels.
- Use a stinger scene switcher to transition smoothly between different parts of your stream. “How To Make A Stinger Transition For Your Stream“
- Keep an eye on the Twitch report to see which games performed best and how your stream has been performing.
- Use a clear and concise stream title to attract viewers to your stream.
- Using a green screen to remove the background can create more immersion and make your stream more visually appealing.
- Using a dedicated pc to stream greatly increases the quality of the stream, in addition to not weighing your FPS on the main PC.
- Use a dedicated streaming room to minimize distractions, improve focus and create a pleasant environment for your viewer.
- Never underestimate a good chair, as streamers spend hours sitting down a quality chair will help you to prevent back pain.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated, keep a bottle of water on your side and take care of your health.
- Stream packages are a set of animated graphics made to enhance your Live Stream, they include Twitch Banners, Twitch Panels, Chatbox, OBS Scenes, Webcam Borders and Scene Transitions.
- Use a clear and concise stream title to attract viewers to your stream.
- Use a high-quality router to improve your internet connection and reduce lag.
- Follow Stream Skins and keep watching to learn more twitch tips about Streaming and improving your content creation.
Tips for starting a Twitch channel
- If you are new to twitch or are embarrassed to expose yourself on the internet, we recommend a VTuber model, so you can create content and remain anonymous to your viewers.
- When streaming be yourself and let your personality shine through. Over time people get used to your company and everything will work out.
- Use a wired internet connection to reduce latency and improve the stability of your stream.
- Engage with your viewers by responding to their messages and questions in chat.
- Don’t worry about having few viewers on your stream, focus on improving the content and attracting more people.
- Getting started on Twitch can be a little tough, and good design helps you build your brand and personality.
- A good design for Twitch can be costly, discouraging new streamers, so we developed our Stream Packages, complete packages with the essentials for your stream.
- Use a clean and uncluttered background to make yourself the focus of the stream.
- Play games that you are passionate about to make your stream more enjoyable.
- Use a high-quality headset to improve the sound quality of your game audio.
- Interact and create a community with other streamers and creators, they can help you and become great friends.
- Don’t invest so much at the beginning of your journey, focus on producing content and when you have a return, start investing more.
- Avoid playing competitive games that have a lot of competition, your viewers want fresh content that doesn’t appear often on other channels.
- Look for new content like reacts and unwatched series that will bring exclusivity to your channel.
- Take it easy and stay consistent, this is the most important twitch tip, a successful stream can take up to 2 years to work well.
Twitch Tips to get more subscribers and make more money
- Create custom emotes and badges to reward and engage with your subscribers.
- Use Twitch’s Prime feature to offer exclusive content to Prime subscribers.
- Keep yourself excited and focus on playing different games and generating content, imagine yourself as a presenter who wants to make everyone happy.
- Use this generated content to post on Youtube, Instagram and Twitter, making more people discover you and access your stream.
- Use custom alerts to notify your viewers of new followers, subscribers, and donations.
- Use high-quality audio equipment to improve the sound quality of your stream.
- Use the “just chatting” category to connect with your audience. According to reports, this category is one of the most watched on Twitch.
- Create a Discord server for your community. This can help with interactivity and advertisements when you are online.
- Set realistic goals for your stream to evolve in the coming days and months, focus on small and important steps.
- Keep an eye on the status of your stream while live, make sure the audio is good and there are no frame drops.
Stream Tips to improve your OBS
- Using Streamlabs Desktop you can import Stream Skins overlays and quickly switch between styles so your stream always looks fresh.
- Using OBS CTRL+F will automatically resize the source to full screen
- CTRL+D will automatically center a source in the middle of the screen
- You can hold down the ALT key to crop a source to the desired size
- If you hold the CTRL key it will disable source snapping helping you to position the source better.
- Whenever you stream games use “Game Capture” instead of “Window Capture” this will consume less resources on your pc.
- You can add filters in OBS to change the color, saturation and lightness of any source.
- You can add audio filters to reduce noise or change the pitch and volume of your voice.
- Within the Streamlabs Desktop settings you can find “Multistreaming” which allows you to go live on multiple platforms at once.
- Still in the OBS settings within the “Output” tab, select “Enconder” and choose your video card, this will reduce resource expenditure and make your stream smoother and more efficient
- If your stream is crashing you can lower the “Output” in the video settings or change the “Downscale Filter” to bilinear.
- If that doesn’t work, try reducing the frame rate to “30fps” and see if your stream hangs less.
- You can add hotkeys to your stream to facilitate commands like Save Replay, Start, Pause and End the stream.
- If your video is desaturated and lifeless, you can try changing the YUV Color Space in “Advanced” to sRGB.
- Streamlabs desktop is fully customizable so change it however you like to make it more convenient.
Tips for growing on Twitch
- Use Twitch tags to appear in search fields, this will increase your visibility.
- After your stream spend some time creating clips of the best and funniest moments to post on other social networks.
- Start your stream like a “Starting Soon” scene to hook your viewers and build anticipation.
- A “Starting Soon” scene can also help you promote your stream. While your viewers are waiting, check out our Starting Soon scenes and choose the one that best suits your stream.
- Network and collaborate with other streamers to grow your community and for cross-promotion.
- Watch your stream again with a critical eye and try to look for points to improve or new content to bring.
- Make some events on your stream, cinema, 24 hour streams, event coverage and more, use your creativity.
- Promote these events on all social networks, tell people what will happen on your stream.
- Display your social media on stream using a stream overlay so people can find you latter.
- Don’t just watch these Twitch Tips and take action, the best learning is in practice.
Tips for creating content for stream and YouTube
- Look for channels bigger than yours and see what they are doing, get inspired by the content produced and see how to adapt to your stream.
- Look for series and content on YouTube, they are typically royalty free and can be streamed on Twitch.
- Watch the channel of other YouTubers, in addition to helping by sharing the content you react to the video along with your stream.
- Keep an eye on events such as games, movies and series releases Twitch’s audience loves informative and entertaining content.
- Launch games are always a good option to stream, people want to know what’s in the game and it generally has less competition.
- When sharing a highlight on Twitter download it from Twitch Dashboard because twitter prioritizes videos posted by them than links.
- Arrange your room in a way that showcases your personality, this helps your viewers identify with you.
- Keep your design simple, people don’t want to see a scene that distract from gameplay.
- Doing exercises not only helps your health but also helps you think better, a study proves that after a walk our brain works better.
- Take time to take care of yourself and have fun with friends, your health is the most important thing.
Tips for creating a community on Twtich
- Look for streamers groups on Twitter and discord and start participating, they can give you valuable tips and help form a community.
- Talk to other streamers and try to collaborate, just appearing on their live helps you build your reputation.
- Add your friends’ channels to your auto-host list. This way Twitch will automatically host them on your channel.
- Raid another channel when you’re ending your stream, it’s a cool way of interacting with other streamers.
- Keep your social media active and post regularly so people know what you’re up to.
Tips for your stream to stand out from the crowd
- Add some seasonality to your stream like Christmas Overlays, Halloween and New Year holidays, this stands out from other streamers.
- Build a brand for your stream, choose your colors and look that shows professionalism.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks, have bold ideas and change from time to time, one day you will find the right content.
- You can choose to create a character for your stream and a specific game like GTA RP, this helps to create different and fun content.
- Control your expectations, great streamers didn’t get there overnight, it’s a year’s journey.
That was our summary with the compilation of the 100 best Twitch tips that we evaluated, we hope that we have helped you in some way and that you can implement it in your stream.
If you want to learn more about streaming with useful content, check out our stream blog, we post there regularly to help. your lives and content creation, thanks for reading this far, until next time, happy streaming 🙂